Grade 5 is off to a great start!
- In math, we are exploring using perimeter, area, and volume to help measure real-world scenarios. We are building a city landscape using all three formulas!
- In reading, we are analyzing how author’s use evidence and reasoning to support their thinking.
- In writing, we are researching a Hispanic country and creating postcards to showcase that countries major cities, cultures, and historical events.
- In social studies, we are determining the push and pull factors for Westward Expansion, and synthesizing how the Railroad made it more motivating for pioneers to travel West. Afterward, we are writing letters as pioneers sharing our “decision” to stay or go.
- In science, we are exploring the composition of matter and doing experiments to prove what it is made of.